Location descriptions are useful to keep track of where vehicles are precisely located at your business without your having to type these out every single time. These locations can be very important to a busy shop with multiple parking areas and special service situations. You can add, edit or delete any of these location entries at any time.
Whenever you enter Status field, the curser is blinking; any existing text is blue; in Windows this means if you start typing, that’ll replace whatever is already there. So it’s possible to free-form type anything or use a drop-down list entry. If you want to add something to the existing text, just click the mouse where you want to put it or use the Home/End keys to not lose the existing text while you type in your addition to it.
Any of these locations can also be red-Flagged entries stand out on your WIP screen.
To update a Location description of a WIP screen order, you may click on Detail or right-mouse click on the order line to open the Detail window. If you do not require anything else from the Detail window, you may right-click directly on the Location field and either select one of these entries from a pop-up list OR type any one-time entry text as desired. You may also mix the stored Locations entries with any free-form text as needed.
Adding a Location Description
1. In the Location Descriptions dialog box, select Add.
The Add Location Description dialog box appears.
2. Type in a Location Description.
3. Designate if the location should be Red Flagged.
Red Flagging a location highlights an order for a vehicle that is in that area as requiring special attention.
4. Select OK.
Editing a Location Description
1. Select the Location Description you wish to edit.
2. Select Edit.
The Edit Location Description dialog box appears with the current Description and Red Flag settings displayed.
3. Overtype the current Description and/or change the Red Flag setting.
4. Select OK to save your change(s).
Deleting a Location Description
1. Select the Location Description you wish to delete.
2. Select Delete. A dialog box directs you to confirm your deletion.
3. Select Yes to delete the Location Description.