Setting Up Protected
Manager is shipped without security enabled. It is up to the
designated system administrator to determine which, if any, functions to protect
and who in your shop should be allowed to access which functions. Program
Security is selected from the Setup
To set up protected areas:
1. In the Program Security Setup dialog box, select Change Protected
Protected Areas dialog box appears.
2. The Protected Areas dialog box is comprised of three fields. These fields
are described below.
- Master Password - The password that is used by the designated system
administrator to acces all areas of the system.
- Select - The check boxes in which you pick
which security rights a user will be able to access.
- Rights Description - A description of
the dialog box, or system function, to which protection can be applied.
3. Enter a Master Password.
password will allow access to all areas of the system. If you are the person who
will be responsible for managing the security of the system, you will want to be
the only person who knows the Master Password. If someone else will be
responsible for administration of security in your shop, that person should
input the Master Password. This person should be set up as a regular user with
his own password, able to use the Master Password as
4. Select areas to be protected by clicking your mouse pointer in the box
next to the desired area in the Select field.
protected areas that you choose is a management decision of your shop that
should reflect the need to control access to sensitive system functions such as
customer payments, tax rates, etc.
<Supervisor> Program Security as a protected area or any system user will
be able to change security access.
5. Choose Done when finished designating areas to be protected.
are returned to the Program Security Setup dialog box.The dialog boxes and
system functions that you have designated to be protected now appear in the
Select Protected Areas of the dialog box.
are now ready to add users and to designate which protected functions each will
be allowed to access.